MIL-DTL-38999 series III connectors
NYKCS is a value add distributor (VAD) for Conesys, assembling MIL-DTL-38999 series III connectors to meet your specific requirements. These are high performance cable to panel interconnects, suitable for military, aerospace and harsh environmental applications.
The MIL-DTL-38999 series III features a number of body styles, contact termination options, body materials and platings to suit a broad range of electronic, mechanical and environmentally demanding applications. Up to 128 contacts are available in a number of defined high density insert arrangements.
We can assemble fully approved connectors assembled to your requirements in 24 hours from receipt of order. Try our interactive online part number tool or view our 'how to order' guide here. This will not only help you construct a part number but will also describe the variants and performance levels available within the range. If you need further guidance or to place an order please contact the team today.
In house assembly
In house assembly enables NYKCS to supply a huge range of approved components quickly and efficiently meeting each customer’s specific requirement for MIL-DTL 38999 Series III.
Approved to AS9100
The assembly facility is fully approved to AS9100 providing end to end traceability and documentation meeting the needs of the most demanding supply chain.
The latest workflow management solutions enables NYKCS to support complex order books and short production runs of MIL-DTL-38999 alongside their extensive range of mil-spec interconnect products.
- Scoop-Proof, Triple Start, Self-Locking
- Body Platings: Black Zinc Nickel, Olive Drab, Electroless Nickel
- Coupling: Triple-start threaded coupling design, rapid advance, self-locking and full-mate indicator, keyed
- EMI shielding to 65dB minimum at 10 GHz
- Mating Speed: 360°, one full turn to full mate
Part Number Development
How to Order a MIL-DTL-38999 series III connector
- How and where will this connector be used? Select your Shell Style
- What environment will this connector be used in ? Select your Service Class
- What is your electrical requirement? Define your Shell Size, this will be dictated by your circuit demands so therefore your Contact Arrangement
- Which half of your circuit is active? This will define your Contact Style, i.e. whether your connector should have Pins or Sockets.
Do you need to prevent mis-mating with similar neighbour connectors? Define if your connector needs a Polarising Position or insert N for none.
The tables below will assist you to construct an official MIL spec part number for a MIL-DTL-38999 series III connector. Many of the connector OEM’s have their own proprietary part numbers which we can cross reference to from the Mil part numbers. NYK Component Solutions assembles in-house for Conesys and is also distributor for other leading OEM’s. We are in a unique position to provide unbiased advice for you to meet your technical and logistical requirements.
Part Number Tables
|Prefix Shell Style||Description||Available In Class|
|D38999/20||wall mount receptacle||F,G,J,K,M,S,W|
|D38999/21||hermetic seal box mount receptacle||H,N,Y|
|D38999/23||hermetic seal jam nut receptacle||H,N,Y|
|D38999/24||jam nut receptacle||F,G,J,K,M,S,W|
|D38999/25||hermetic seal solder mount receptacle||H,N,Y|
|D38999/26||straight plus, self-locking||F,G,J,K,M,S,W|
|D38999/27||hermetic seal weld mount receptacle||H,N,Y|
Polarization Notes: Numbers in table are angle of rotation in degrees.
• from main key looking clockwise onto front face of plug
• from main keyway looking anticlockwise onto front face of receptacle.
Keyway identification ‘N’ is normal.
Insert arrangements do not rotate with the main keyway.
Need accessories? These connectors can be ordered with a very broad range of compatible accessories to suit different cable and installation requirements. Some of these can be found on the Accessories Page. Your NYK Component Solutions specialist can advise you further.