Privacy matters but it can be confusing. This page explains our approach to privacy on our nykcs.com website and how it affects you.
• Some 3rd parties like Facebook and Twitter may know you visited this website, if you use their services. We can’t control them but we don’t believe this knowledge poses any threat to you.
• We never share your data with 3rd parties.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, please keep reading.
What are cookies and how do we use them?
Cookies are small text files that websites put on your computer so the site can remember who you are. They contain a unique, but anonymous, identifier, which is usually a string of letters or numbers.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Functional cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not personally identify any individual user. These are usually third party cookies, which we use to deliver a better user experience.
If you declined cookies, we switched off all cookies except for the functional cookies that are essential for the site to run (including a cookie which tells us that you have made this choice).
You can block all cookies (including functional cookies) by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you do this you may not be able to access some parts of our site. You can find more information about enabling and disabling cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
The following cookies are used by our sites:
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
These enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- recognise your IP address, operating system and browser type.
For more information click here. These are permanent cookies except for _utmc, which is a session cookie.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better for our customers. For detailed information regarding Google Analytics and Privacy please visit Safeguarding Your Data.
In some areas of our website we ask you to provide information that will enable us to supply you with our services or contact you after your visit. We will also use this information to contact you to advise you of other services that may be of interest to you.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
We will respect your personal information and undertake to comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation currently in force, both in respect of the personal information supplied by you in general or as part of the recruitment process and in respect of any personal information which we may process.
In relation to the information provided by you on the general enquiries form, you agree that we may use such information in accordance with the purposes for which your information has been obtained.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please contact us.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. If you would like details about the personal information we hold about you please contact us.
Further details of our and your legal obligations and duties can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
We value your feedback on our website. If you have any difficulty accessing or viewing our website please contact us.